Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year! and Todo List for 2011

Wow, it's been a long time since I last posted here. I am new to this blogging thing and I know that I need to post more regularly to have a successful blog, but it just seems like life keeps getting in the way. Oh well, I guess it all depends on how you define success. For me, right now, I just want a place to come and share my thoughts and projects as I can. I do want to post more regularly and I have a whole host of projects I have been working on (and a whole host more that I have planned in the coming months). So this is going to be my post of projects I want to post about and ones that I have planned in the future to post about.

Projects I have started (or completed) and need to post about:
  • Skater bedroom -- from little boy to big boy room
  • Copycat nutcracker decorations
  • Our Christmas tree
  • Making decorative pillows
  • King Sized pillowcases -- Who really uses them?

Projects I want to do this year:
  • Remodeling the boys bathroom -- from plan to completion (note: I think this will be a series)
  • Do it yourself artwork for the great room
  • Figuring out how I want to configure the den/office/library
  • Organizing and accessorizing the great room bookshelves
  • Upholstering a headboard for the guest room (and also revamping a full length mirror for the room, new decorative pillows, and maybe making a new duvet cover)
  • Built ins for the dining room

That's a start for what I want to accomplish and blog about this year. Wish me luck!